Tuesday, March 31, 2009

APRIL- National Poetry Month

April is : NATIONAL POETRY MONTH
Some ideas on how you might celebrate National Poetry Month
* Try writing an original poem
* Read poetry to your children
* Recite some poetry at an open-mic/ spoken-word venue
* Read a biography of a famous poet..see what made them tick
*Send a poem to a friend or loved one
*Support/Promote the work of a local poet
*Buy a wonderful book of poetry (preferably Reflections of a
Mississippi Magnolia- A Life in Poems by Patricia Neely-Dorsey) (smile)

HAPPY POETRY MONTH !!!

POETRY
My daddy helped me to love poetry,
He liked that kind of thing;
On Sunday mornings we'd recite,
"When Malindy Sings."
I loved the rhythm and the rhyme,
Each stanza and each verse;
We'd just say it how we felt,
With no need to rehearse.
I like to write my own poems now,
And let my own words flow;
I find that there are things inside,
I want other folks to know.
It's such a wonderful feeling,
To see my own words in print;
Sometimes, I think the words I write,
Are truly heaven sent.
Wherever it all comes from,
It's something I love to do;
It's my hope ,in some small way,
It's most enjoyable to you.
Copyright 2008 Patricia Neely-Dorsey

poem from Reflections of a Mississippi Magnolia-A Life in Poems
www.patricianeelydorsey.webs.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia,

    I enjoyed reading your poem. It's beautiful. I'm just learning how to get around and visit everybody. Life is so hectic. It's hard to have time to do all you want to do. Love your poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi... i loved the southern poem..
    Thanks for sharing information with us..

    ___________________
    Jessica
    Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free

    ReplyDelete

AddThis*